Alabama Security Guard Requirements
Alabama currently has no requirements mandated by the state to become a professional security guard.
Typically companies do mandate the security guards applying for employment meet the following criteria.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- No diagnosed mental illness
- No felonies or criminal convections
- Pass a drug screening test
- US citizen or registered resident alien
- Armed Security Guards may require firearm training